Review: Beauty of the Beast (Fairy Tale Retellings #1) by Rachel L. Demeter

Saturday, June 17, 2017


Title: Beauty of the Beast

Series: Fairy Tale Retellings #1

Author: Rachel L. Demeter

Genre: Adult,  Dark  Historical Romance , Fairy Tale Retelling

Publication Date: March 15th 2017

Format: e-book

Source: I received this book by the author in exchanged for an honest review.


Rating:







Experience the world’s most enchanting and timeless love story—retold with a dark and realistic twist.

A BEAST LIVING IN THE SHADOW OF HIS PAST

Reclusive and severely scarred Prince Adam Delacroix has remained hidden inside a secluded, decrepit castle ever since he witnessed his family’s brutal massacre. Cloaked in shadow, with only the lamentations of past ghosts for company, he has abandoned all hope, allowing the world to believe he died on that tragic eve twenty-five years ago.

A BEAUTY IN PURSUIT OF A BETTER FUTURE

Caught in a fierce snowstorm, beautiful and strong-willed Isabelle Rose seeks shelter at a castle—unaware that its beastly and disfigured master is much more than he appears to be. When he imprisons her gravely ill and blind father, she bravely offers herself in his place.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Stripped of his emotional defenses, Adam’s humanity reawakens as he encounters a kindred soul in Isabelle. Together they will wade through darkness and discover beauty and passion in the most unlikely of places. But when a monster from Isabelle’s former life threatens their new love, Demrov’s forgotten prince must emerge from his shadows and face the world once more…

Perfect for fans of Beauty and the Beast and The Phantom of the Opera, Beauty of the Beast brings a familiar and well-loved fairy tale to life with a rich setting in the kingdom of Demrov and a captivating, Gothic voice.

* * *

Beauty of the Beast is the first standalone installment in a series of classic fairy tales reimagined with a dark and realistic twist.

* * *

Disclaimer: This is an edgy, historical romance retelling of the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast. Due to strong sexual content, profanity, and dark subject matter, including an instance of sexual assault committed by the villain, Beauty of the Beast is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

Beauty of the Beast is a slow-burn romance that features a descriptive, richly detailed, and atmospheric writing style.






*** I Received this book by the author in exchanged for an honest review, thank you so much too Rachel L. Demeter for the opportunity to read and review Beauty of the Beast (Fairy Tale Retellings #1)! ***


First I would like to apologize to Rachel for writing up this review so late and taking so long to finish this amazing book. All I can say is just wow this book was absolutely fantastic, I actually started reading this book back in April. But I had to stop not because this book did not interested me I actually love everything in this book. But unfortunately life got in the way and I had other obligations to do first. But believe me it was extremely hard too put this book down and aside because as you can tell already I thoroughly love and enjoy this enchanting book. Just wow I have no words to describe how utterly fantastic Beauty of the Beast (Fairy Tale Retellings #1) was for me! This first few chapters just gutted me I felt so horrible for everything that happened to Prince Adam Delacroix when he was a child, it was very painful and terrible too read what that tragic event that happen to him as a child. Than we past twenty-five years later and we get introduce to Isabelle and her gravely ill and blind father along with her two nasty step-sisters Clarice and Elizabeth who does not have no care in the world for neither Isabelle or there step-father. We also get introduce to the nasty and horrible Raphael Dumont who is Isabelle fiancé who Isabelle thought he was a decent and charming good men, but she find out real quick that he was not the men she thought he was. Raphael treat Isabelle just horrid and she feels there is no way out of there engagement. But than Isabelle father told her about Merchant's Fair a way that Isabelle can escape from her horrible fiancé Raphael and her two terrible step-sisters. So only her and her papa can live a normal life just the two of them somewhere else away form there horrid ordeal, but while the leave the still will support the two nasty step-sisters Clarice and Elizabeth. Isabelle at first didn't like the idea traveling in the cold weather while her papa was really ill but she had no choice but too take the chance to escape and live a normal life so she took the chance. And Isabelle had too pay dearly for getting everything ready for traveling with her papa, but I won't say what happen to her because that is spoiler. But Isabelle and her papa finally left the village and they both thought the left for good, but later on much, much later on Isabelle finds out that everything was going to turn very upside down for her while traveling with her papa but for the worst. When Isabelle and her papa reach a castle too find shelter from the terrible weather outside the find a strange hooded men with his pet dog that he name stranger. And when Isabelle and her papa enter that castle everything and I mean everything changes in Isabelle life and I won't say for the better or for the worst. You have to read the book and find out what happens too Isabelle life. I am going to leave it off here without spoiling anything for everybody. But I will say the romance is slow burn and the hot scenes are really heated but Rachel lives you wanted more. I absolutely love Rachel writing style was flawless and very expressive that I just couldn't get enough of her writing style. And all the characters was well build and rounded. All and all I will definitely continue reading more books by Rachel L. Demeter and I will continue on reading the Fairy Tale Retellings Series, I just need too know who will be the next fairy tale couple next! 













I live in the beautiful hills of Anaheim, California with Teddy, my goofy lowland sheepdog, and my high school sweetheart of fourteen wonderful years. I enjoy writing poignant romances that challenge the reader’s emotions and explore the redeeming power of love. My stories are darker than most traditional romance novels and contain a distinct Gothic flavor.

Imagining dynamic worlds and characters has been my passion for longer than I can remember. Before learning how to read or write, I would dictate stories while my mom would jot them down for me. I hold a special affinity for the tortured hero and unconventional romances. Whether crafting the protagonist or antagonist, I ensure every character is given a soul.

I endeavor to defy conventions by blending elements of romance, suspense, and horror. Some themes my stories never stray too far from: forbidden romance, soul mates, the power of love to redeem, mend all wounds, and triumph over darkness.

My dream is to move readers and leave an emotional impact through my words. ♥

Don't be a stranger! I cherish my readers, and I absolutely love to connect and interact:

Official Site | Facebook Page | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+ | Amazon Author Page 




                      


           

No comments:

Post a Comment