Release Day Blitz & Review: Tough Love by Max Henry

Tuesday, May 23, 2017




Title: Tough Love
Author: Max Henry
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: May 23, 2017



Blurb

Some secrets aren’t meant to stay buried …

Eight years ago, Amelia Harris had her life ripped out from underneath her. Being the centre of the town gossip was hard enough, but when the boy who promised her forever left without so much as a goodbye, he took her ability to love with him. 

After family tragedy brings Evan North back into her life, the secrets of her past have never felt as close as they do now. When the same scandal that tore them apart rears its ugly head, will history be doomed to repeat itself?


ADD TO GOODREADS






*** I received this arc by the author in exchanged for an honest review. Thank you so much to Max Henry for giving me the opportunity too read and review Tough Love! ***


I don't know where too start with this review about Tough Love, this book was an amazing book that I absolutely love and enjoy. I just had one problem with it and that was when Amelia Harris kept repeating that she was so cold hearted that she can't even feel anything for a family member, who she loved and trust with all her heart but something really bad happen between them that there relationship was ruined because of terrible tragedy in her past. Which I won't say who the family member is because spoiler but the person was a very close family member who got really hurt in a car accident and Amelia just didn't feel nothing for that person which was completely understanding why she didn't feel anything for this person, because of the awful tragedy that Amelia had in the past which we learn more in the middle chapters. But in the beginning couple chapters of Tough Love I got a little annoyed of the repetitive of Amelia saying that she is such a awful and cold hearted person too feel nothing for this specific family member. But half why through the beginning of the book the repetitive stop that's the only issue I had with this amazing book. But I absolutely loved and enjoyed so much Tough Love. Max Henry does not disappointed me I have read her Butcher Boys Series which it is an dark romance book that I love and enjoyed so much as well, that I had too get my hands on her new book Tough Love. Which was an emotional read for me there are heavy subjects and warning triggers in Tough Love. That I tell you I felt every emotion that Amelia went through in her tragedy past and what she was feeling at present in the book. That I can't describe you I felt just horrible for what she was going through. Yes she kept on saying she was cold hearted but she really did had a really good reasoning for feeling that way which I don't blame her feeling so empty and cold hearted because shoot I would of felt the same way after everything that she went through in her past as a teenager. Now I really don't want to get into any details about Tough Love so I am going to stop here. But this book is mainly about second chances in love and life and it is also about hope as well. I will say there is heavy subjects and trigger warnings in this book but if you have read a book like Tough Love or you have read a Max Henry book before than this book is for you. Now I can't wait too read more books by Max Henry in the near future because her books never disappoint me!












Purchase Links

99c for a limited time

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





Excerpt

“I miss him.”
“I know.”
“He knew everything already, you know? It was easy to be myself around him.” I reach out and take my drink.
“But that’s not all, is it?” Jess challenges before sipping her wine. “The fact he knows what happened to you in school isn’t the only reason you miss him, is it?” She lowers her chin, levelling me with her gaze.
“No.”
I don’t even know how to describe it, that soulful connection you get with another. When I’m around him, nothing else bothers me. My world narrows when he’s in view, and I like how it feels to have those blinders on. It’s as though I’m focussing on the only things that matter: the people close to me.
“What if I misread him?” I ask. “What if he wasn’t that into me?”
“How many nights did he come over to see you at Kath’s?”
“Most of them.”
“How many times did he message you?”
“Every day.”
Jess glares, her lips curling up on one side. “Yeah, he wasn’t into you at all.”






Author Bio


Born and bred in Canterbury, New Zealand, Max now resides with her family in beautiful and sunny Queensland, Australia. 

Life with two young children can be hectic at times, and although she may not write as often as she would like, Max wouldn’t change a thing. 

In her down time, Max can be found at her local gym, brain-storming through a session with the weights. If not, she’s probably out drooling over one of many classic cars on show that she wishes she owned.


Author Links




No comments:

Post a Comment