Review: Allure Behind Rose (Castle #3) by Emily Bowie

Wednesday, October 26, 2016


Title: Allure Behind Rose

Series: Castle #3

Author: Emily Bowie

Genre: New Adult, Romance & Suspense

Published Date: ???

Format: e-arc

Source: I received this book by the author in exchanged for an honest review.

Rating:








All Rose Hart wants to do is put her past behind her, but it seems she can never escape the drama. Attempting to take control of her life she moves out with a new roommate, Sarah Boswell. Unfortunately, Sarah’s past is littered with questionable choices that affect Rose in ways that could alter her life forever.
Kane Thornton is one of Castle’s top foot soldiers in his empire of crime. He enters Rose’s life on orders from an uncle she never knew existed. For two years he kept a healthy distance, torn over being loyal to Castle and succumbing to his secret love for the woman he has been ordered to protect and not love. He never thought he would be capable of feeling this way over anyone again. His tragic past made him cold…emotionless. Rose was alluring. His need for her insatiable. Despite everything he thought he stood for, he knew he had to do everything he could so she would be his.
Bound together in a world of crime Rose was thrust into, their lives become entwined as they fight to keep their love alive despite the chaos of love, lust, and danger. The greatest battle they will face is the one that has the power to destroy them.

This is a romantic suspense novel and is told by the main characters’ POV.
This is book three in the Castle series but can be read as a standalone. However, I recommend reading the prior books in the series, as characters play reoccurring roles throughout
Warning: This book deals with mature subject matters such as coarse language and explicit sexual situations. It is not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.









*** I received this book by the author in exchanged for an honest review. Thank you so much to Emily Bowie for giving me the opportunity to read and review Allure Behind Rose! ***


I did not know Allure Behind Rose was part of a series but that is totally ok because you can read this book as a stand-alone as well. But sorry unfortunately this book was not my kind of book this one is all on me though. Allure Behind Rose is not a bad book it really is a good book I just had a three major problems with this book. The first problem is I really didn't like any of the characters and I didn't feel any connection with them at all especially Rose. I just couldn't stand her and she annoyed me too no end and there were some things that she did and acted on that wasn't believable too me. The second problem was the plot I just couldn't get into it. I don't know why because I really did love Emily Bowie writing style but the plot was just not doing it for. I just think this book was just not for me. And the third problem I had with Allure Behind Rose that there were somethings that were not believable to me like how Rose reacted to the things that Kane or her parents said to her, and how Kane acted on the big problem he had with Rose while he was sleeping next to her at night. I just think the big problem he had was not flush out well. But overall I thought Allure Behind Rose was a really good book but not my kind of book to read. But please don't let my review detour you to read it because if you love the first book of this series than you are going to love this one as well!


















Emily Bowie is from a small town in Western Canada. She went to university and earned two degrees before she decided to take a chance at doing what she loved most – writing. She married her high school sweetheart and they have two amazing children.
She has published two books thus far: Allure of the O’Neal Sisters and Behind the Closed Door. Her third book Allure Behind Rose will be out fall 2016.
When she is not writing she can be found reading a good book, making digital scrapbooks and being physically active—whether it is at the gym, going for a walk, or playing /keep up with her children.




No comments:

Post a Comment