"Waiting On" Wednesday #63: Pieces (Patchworks #1) by Toni Aleo

Wednesday, June 22, 2016



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill At Breaking The Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating


 
What too participate? Grab the logo post your own WOW entry on your blog and leave your link Below. 


Here Is My WOW Pick For This Week:
 
 
Pieces (Patchworks #1)
 
By Toni Aleo
 
Publication Date: June 27th 2016 by Toni Aleo Books LLC
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In New York City, an underground society of supernatural beings exists, hidden among everyday humans. They don’t know of our activities or any of our secrets.

The districts of the Works are made up of vampires, wolves, shifters, witches, and I’m in the fifth and arguably most important district, the Patchwork. My father is the leader of our group, and he oversees all of the other factions.

As his only daughter, that makes me the princess of it all. Cool, right? Actually…no.
Sure, I live in a mansion and money isn’t an object, but that doesn’t matter because I can’t leave. I have a guard who follows me around 24/7. My father and three older brothers treat me like I’m a fragile piece of glass, never allowed to take an independent step or make any decisions on my own.
It’s beyond frustrating—especially since my father essentially runs my life.
He says what I do, when I do it, how I do it, and all that jazz. He tests his formulas and new techniques on me. I’m a walking science experiment.
I hate it.
I hate my life here.

But then he comes along: Killian.
He’s just some vampire…or so I thought.

But you’ll have to read my story to find out what I mean. To know my secrets.
Until then, though, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rebecca von Stein.
And I’m a descendant of Dr. Frankenstein.

Welcome to the Works.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've been dying too read a book by this author for a long time now, but I saw the book trailer for this book and now really want too check it out when it comes out! Because it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic plus I heard nothing but great raving reviews about Toni Aleo books!
 
 
 
 
 
What Is Your WOW Pick For This Week?







 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. This is my next read, hope I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I hope you enjoy it Carine sadly I have too wait too get it I probably get it for my birthday in Aug. Thank you for stopping by my WOW pick for this week.

      Delete
  2. This looks great! Definitely going to have to check it out! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my WOW pick for this week.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know right the cover is very pretty! Thank you so much for stopping by my WOW pick for this week.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my WOW pick for this week Renee!

      Delete
  5. Oooh, a take on Frankenstein plus a whole underground city? I'm intrigued!


    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right I was intrigued about the Frankenstein and underground aspect as well. Thank you for stopping by my WOW pick for this week Kate.

      Delete
  6. This is the first time I've really read the synopsis although I've seen the cover several times. It actually sounds really good so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you so much for stopping by my WOW pick for this week Barb.

      Delete
  7. Wow! I was not expecting that to sounds so good! Cover is a little on the weird/creepy side but who cares because that synopsis is bombskii. Thanks for sharing!
    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right the synopsis is what caught me eyes first than the cover. Thank you for stopping by my WOW pick for this week Jessica.

      Delete
  8. YES!!! I love Aleo's work! I'm excited for this one too. Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been wanting too read a Toni Aleo book ever since I met her in a author signing in Philly. She is totally an amazing author and a wonderful person. Thank you for stopping by my WOW pick for this week.

      Delete