Review: Devil Smoke (Butcher Boys #5) by Max Henry

Monday, April 18, 2016

 
Title: Devil Smoke
 
Series: Butcher Boys
 
Author: Max Henry
 
Genre: Adult,  Romance, Suspense, Contemporary
 
Published Date: September 29th 2015 by Max Henry
 
Format: e-book
 
Source: I received this book by the author in exchanged for an honest review.
 
Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Value the people who sacrifice their something for you ... because maybe that something was their everything.”
- Unknown

The brief was simple—infiltrate our rival’s crew and steal the info we needed. Easy, right? I thought so, too, until I met Ryan. A woman with the ability to change my view on everything: who I was, who I am now, and what I want to be remembered for when the reaper comes to collect.

I’m a killer, a scapegoat for hire—the man who’ll take the fall for your immoral operation if you offer me the right price. I’ve made enemies along the way, and I’m forever watching my back. In a world as corrupt as mine, love and relationships remain an unobtainable target. So I act the fool, parade as the playboy, but all I really want is to belong to somebody.

She made me think it could be her, that a woman so haunted by her past might actually need a man like me—somebody who can kill with his bare hands, a man who would sacrifice it all to see those he loved kept safe.

That was, until she turned the table and risked it all to help me.

When best-laid plans fall apart, and we’re both put to the test, will love or loyalty prevail?
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*** I received Devil Smoke by the author in exchanged for an honest review. Thank you too Max Henry for the opportunity too read and review Devil Smoke! ***


OMG WOW Devil Smoke is by far my all time favorite book from the Butcher Boys Series like holy crap this book was amazing, that I can't express or write down how great this book is for me. This book is Bronx and Ryan book which I was really curious on who Ryan really was. And let me just tell you Ryan is a perfect match in ever way for Bronx she is pure bad-ass and crazy like Bronx. But wait I am getting ahead of myself let me tell you how Devil Smoke starts off on at. It starts of Bronx getting ready too go undercover to infiltrate a rival’s crew and steal info from them. Bronx and the Butcher Boys are doing this for King and the Fallen Aces so Carlos would leave the Butcher Boys alone and take the hit off there backs. Bronx thought it would be really easy but he never realize how wrong he was when he first meets Ryan. Ryan is a girlfriend of one of the members of the rival crew who Bronx was suppose too steal info from and she is off-limits , but once Bronx first lays eyes on Ryan he was immediately attracted too her. Ryan is quiet, reserve and is haunted by her past. Ryan relationship too Gunter is only a relationship of convenience she really does not love him but he keeps her safe from his dangerous crew that are a white supremacy gang. Ryan does not believe in the white supremacy belief nor does she want too be with Gunter but the leader of the white supremacy gang Eddie knows information about her tragic past that she wants the answers too her past, and she thinks Eddie has the answers about it but of course he will not tell her the truth or give her the information's she needs about her tragic past. So she decided too have a relationship with one of his crew member and try too steal information from Eddie about her past, but she knows she probably way ever her head. And putting her life in danger hanging around with a dangerous gang like Eddie's crew, but she is so desperate too find and get that information she needs even though she despise Eddie crew she would do anything too get the info. That's until Ryan meets Bronx for the first time her world turns upside down. Ryan is instantly attracted to him that she never thought she would feel such a connection and longing to be with a wild and crazy man like Bronx trying too get involve with the dangerous crew like Eddie's gang. Ryan knows she shouldn't get involve with Bronx but she can't help the connection she has with him that she felt truly safe with him and she totally trust him with her life so she tells him the truth about herself and her past. And that's when Bronx told her the truth about himself and he finally told Ryan about how it was stupid putting her life in a dangerous position like being in Eddie crew, and that he would help her get the information she needs. Granted he did tell her a little harshly and she basically through his ass out of her house while pointed a gun toward him. But than when she calm down she finally open her eyes and realize what Bronx was saying too her was the truth and that she was really scare about the truth he was saying. So she made a decision right there and than for herself too accept Bronx help if she can find him, and when she does find him a whole lot of crap goes down that changes the quiet and reserve Ryan too a kick-ass and crazy chick. This is where I am going to leave it of out with spoiling it for anybody else. But I really love and enjoy Devil Smoke that I am sad too see it end. I love everything about this series it pulled me in from the first chapter of the book until the very end. I will most definitely continue on reading more books by Max Henry because I absolutely love her dark and gritty writing style that I can't get enough of her books. I do highly recommend her books especially her Butcher Boys Series they all are amazingly fantastic books!       
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Max is the author of dark, and highly emotional romance. Her Butcher Boys series is centred around a group of men who met living on the street, who have teamed up with an indebted motorcycle club to take down a notorious drug lord. Her writing has been described as 'gripping', and 'addictive', taking you on an 'emotional roller coaster ride'.

Originally born and bred in New Zealand, Max now resides with her family in beautiful and sunny Queensland, Australia. Life with two young children can be hectic at times, and although she may not write as often as she would like, Max wouldn't change a thing. When she's not engrossed in her dark and twisted fictional worlds, she can be found enjoying the outdoors while 4wd-ing with her family.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment