Review: Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts: A Novel by Janet Delee

Monday, March 7, 2016

 
Title: Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts: A Novel
 
Series: Stand-Alone
 
Author:  Janet Delee
 
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Paranormal, Fiction
 
Published Date: May 1st 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
 
Format: Paperback
 
Source: I received this book by the author in exchanged for an honest review.
 
Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dreams aren’t just for the young, and Ginny Lawther is happy to prove that even at the age of fifty-eight she can still brave a leap of faith…she just needs a little prodding from like-minded individuals. Step one: place an ad in the local newspaper inviting other dreamers to form an Ideal Life Club. Step two: see if anyone shows up.

When Ginny meets four hopeful strangers at the first club meeting, she thinks they’re off to a great start.

Now it's only a matter of time before the sixty-something widow Hilda turns her crafting into a full-time career; the twenty-something Jerry becomes a professional musician; and the thirty-something housewife Lydia publishes her cookbook. That is, until the rugged divorcé, Lee, sets a goal to solve his ghost problem—and upends all their lives!

Suddenly the support group isn’t just trying to navigate the ups and downs of pursuing their dreams; they’re also wrestling with a strange cast of spirits who keep interrupting their endeavors. What do these apparitions want? And why have they latched on to the Ideal Lifers?

Haunting, humorous, and hopeful, Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts sparks the imagination and breathes unexpected life into everyday reality.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*** I received Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts by the author in exchanged for an honest review. Thank you too Janet Delee for the opportunity to read and review Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts! ***

I finally got the chance too read Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts and I will tell you how surprised I was that I really loved and enjoyed this book. Now I haven't read a ghosts book for a couple of years now and I really missed reading book like this awesome book. I am so glad and happy that I accepted to read and review this book by the author because it really is great and intriguing book. It has an original, intriguing and kind of mysterious plot and concept that I thoroughly loved and enjoyed reading every minute of it. The writing styles was well written and very expressive and descriptive that it flow quite amazingly well on the page that I absolutely love reading every details in the book. And lastly the five characters were absolutely well written, developed and very confidante characters that I have ever read. There are different pov's in this book by each character but I did not mind it at all reading different pov's. I totally love to read and learn more about the main and side characters backgrounds and there life's. I really don't want to go in too much details about this awesome book. But Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts is about a fifty-eight year old single author Ginny Lawther who is happy to prove that she can still be brave and take a leap of faith…she just needs a little prodding from like-minded individuals. So Ginny starts a group called The Ideal Life Club where you set a goal or a dream you want to accomplish in your life. And when Ginny meets four hopeful strangers at the first club meeting, she thinks they’re off to a great start. Everything starts off great with the group but than mysterious and strange things starts to happen too the Ideal Lifers. Ginny and her group try to navigate through there life dreams to succeed but a strange cast of spirits who keep interrupting their endeavors. Ginny and the group do not know what the sprits want from them. But by the end of the book they figure it all out what and who are truly the sprits are that are bothering them. And I am going to leave it off here because I don't want to spoil it for anybody else, but I will tell you it was a little twist at the end of the book that I so didn't see coming everything connects by the end of the book which you will be a little surprise of. I really did love and enjoy reading Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts that I am so glad and happy Mrs. Janet Delee gave me the chance to read and review her great book!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Prolific writer and author, Janet DeLee is now a second time author of two wonderful books. Her new release titled, 'Taking Leaps and Finding Ghosts, A Novel' is her best work to date.

Janet DeLee is a self-appointed, self-actualization guinea pig who firmly believes in leaps of faith and is committed to creating an ideal life for herself.

The Texas author, who lives in the Dallas area, was inspired to write ghost stories after experiencing unsettling events during stays at several bed-and-breakfasts, as well as an old New Orleans hotel.

In addition to having a hint of mystery, DeLee's novels also tend to follow characters struggling to pursue their dreams. Her unique writing style, storylines, and characters in her novels are born from this sassy little Texan's delightful imagination and personal experiences.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love ghosts and I am really going to have to check this out. I have never heard of it before so thanks for such a great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did love reading this book it is also kind of funny and uplifting in some ways. I hope you do enjoy it if you get a chance too read it. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

      Delete