Review: Devil You Know (Butcher Boys #1) by Max Henry

Thursday, January 14, 2016

 
Title: Devil You Know
 
Series: Butcher Boys #1
 
Author: Max Henry
 
Genre: Adult,  Romance, Suspense, Contemporary
 
Published Date: February 2nd 2015
 
Format: e-book
 
Source: I received it by the author in exchanged for an honest review
 
Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love.

How do you define it? I guess it’s up to the individual. Love can be a sweet gesture of flowers on your anniversary. Love can be a meal waiting at home after a long day at work. Love can be a gentle caress. Or the unspoken words in your lover’s eyes.

Love isn’t a backhand, given because of a warm beer. Love isn’t wearing long-sleeves to hide bruises from the ladies at the supermarket.

I thought I’d never experience love. Such emotion didn’t seem to fit with what I had—who I was.

But he stepped in, and showed me his.

He pulled me from the dark abyss I had lost myself to, and showed me the simple things which could bring such joy. Sun on my face. The smell of fresh coffee. Colours in the autumn leaves. All the little things.

He shows me these things, but he doesn’t share in them. He knows happiness, but he doesn’t feel it. He will give love, but never accept it.

He saved me. Now it’s my turn to return the favour …
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*** I RECIEVED THIS BOOK BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THANK YOU TOO MAX HENRY! ***

Now I was really super surprised on how much I love and enjoy this book, because I tell you I never read quite a dark book as Devil You Know. I actually went into this book blind because I have read the synopsis but the synopsis was kind of vague for me. And when I started to read the few chapters in I was hooked in the very beginning, that I couldn't put this book down I actually finished it in two days. Yes in two days I finished this amazing book it was that great for me. I don't want to go into any details about the book, because I want you all to give this book a try it really is an eye opener of a book. The pace of the book was steady but fast, the plot is a dark with hard and difficult situations in it, and the characters are really well developed and unexpected surprising characters that I have not ever read before. Expect for Jane I have read characters like her before but not as damaged and broken as Jane. I just felt horrible for her with the bad situation she was in her life, but I kept on rooted for her too have the strength to get out of that horrible situation she was living in. And she did get the strength too leave that horrible life behind and start a new one, but she got major support by someone who she was falling hard with. But Jane ponders is that someone special that right person to be with even though he knows everything about her, but she does not know everything about him. The special supportive person in Jane life keeps his life a secret and he has a very hot temper. Which scares Jane a lot and makes her think that probably this special guy in her life now was never meant to be. But at the end of the book Jane finds out the hard ugly dark truth about his life. And she has too make a hard decision if it is right to stay with the men she is so in love with that he makes her happy and feel safe or leave him and make a better life for herself. Because he is living a very hard very ugly and dark life with his job that might put her life in jeopardy. I am going to stop here you have too read a find out what is Jane decision is and what is this special person job really is. Because I was kind of shock of what his job was. There are some trigger warnings in Devil You Know with drug, alcohol and abuse. If you can handle dark and series issues books than I highly recommend this book too you all, but if you don't like books quite like that than this book is not for you. But like I always say I think you should give a book like this one a try you never know you might end up really loving this book you would be surprise like me who really loves and enjoy Devil You Know. Now I will continue on reading more of the Butcher Boys series because I really want to know and find out more about the Butcher Boys. And I will most definitely try to read more of Max Henry books because I absolutely love her writing style.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Max is the author of dark, and highly emotional romance. Her Butcher Boys series is centred around a group of men who met living on the street, who have teamed up with an indebted motorcycle club to take down a notorious drug lord. Her writing has been described as 'gripping', and 'addictive', taking you on an 'emotional roller coaster ride'.

Originally born and bred in New Zealand, Max now resides with her family in beautiful and sunny Queensland, Australia. Life with two young children can be hectic at times, and although she may not write as often as she would like, Max wouldn't change a thing. When she's not engrossed in her dark and twisted fictional worlds, she can be found enjoying the outdoors while 4wd-ing with her family.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment