Indie Author Spotlight: Ember Shane

Thursday, November 12, 2015


 
Hello lovelies welcome to a new feature I am going to have on La Jersey Chika Reads Indie Books that is called Indie Author Spotlight. Each month I will post an Indie Author Spotlight to help spread word about the works of the fantastic indie authors that are out there!
 
 
Today fourth installment and feature is  Ember Shane author of The Doyle Hawthorne Series
 
 
 
Ember Shane
 
 
 
About The Author
 
Ember Shane is the author of the new adult, paranormal romances included in The Doyle Hawthorne Series. She's currently working on her fourth book, title pending, which follows Jenny Hawthorne's story, tentatively scheduled to be released autumn 2016.
 
When she's not writing about things that go bump in the night, Ember can be found practicing her hot glue gun skills or searching for the holy grail of banana pudding recipes.
 
 
 
 
Social Media Sites
 
 
Facebook Personal Profile – https://www.facebook.com/ember.shane
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ember Shane Book/s
 
 
 
 
 
Synopsis
 
They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But sometimes, under extreme circumstances, it's exactly that which kills you that makes you stronger. And faster. And a member to a new, elite race of zombies.

Armed with a current address for his biological grandfather and a slightly unusual, yet loyal best friend, Doyle Hawthorne sets out to discover the truth about his past. But answers don't come easily, and the closer Doyle arrives to his destination, the more confusing things become. Disturbing alterations to his physical appearance as well as to his personality flicker on and off as Doyle searches for a logical explanation.

Despite the increasing severity of these uncontrolled flare-ups, Doyle is determined to keep his first date with Addy - a beautiful, young woman he has met upon his arrival into town. After narrowly subduing his raging impulses, Doyle quickly decides not even death itself can keep him from her. Unfortunately, he is about to test that theory.

Once initiated, nothing can alter the process of shading - the term given to the three distinct phases of becoming a higher classification of zombie, commonly referred to as "royals". Doyle must learn to control his tendency toward violence as well as his newfound royal powers if there is any chance of protecting those he loves from a mad scientist, the government, the colony of royals, and most importantly... himself.
 
 
 
Other Books By Ember Shane
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Purchase Links:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Author Interview:
 
 
1. Describe your book in ten words or less.

Sometimes it’s what kills you that makes you stronger. 
 
 
2. What genre is your book?

New Adult Paranormal Romance
 
 
3. What draws you to this genre?

I love Paranormal Romance because you get the warm goodness of romance blended with colors of fantasy and danger.  It’s the best of all worlds.
 
 
4. Where do you get information or ideas for your book? 

The Doyle Hawthorne Series revolves around a type of genetic “super virus”.  The powers this virus gives its victims had to have elements of dark fantasy and yet still have a medical believability to it.  I think my background as an RN is greatly reflected in my writing and served to inspire a healthy dose of the storyline. 
 
 
5. When did you realize you wanted to be a writer?

When I was five years old, I knew.  I used to pack around a stack of books with me everywhere I went and loudly proclaim I was going to write my own stories one day.  I guess not much has changed.
 
 
6. Do you write full-time or part-time?
 
Currently part-time.  Aside from working as an RN, I also homeschool my son, so that doesn’t leave a lot of time to write.  I hope to eventually cut back on my hours so that I can devote more time to writing.
 
 
7. Do you have any favorite authors or favorite books?
 
There are so many!  Right now I am working my way through a series by Kresley Cole that I absolutely love!  I also adore works by Karen Marie Moning and Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series.  And I have to include Jennifer R. McDonald’s Veilwalker Trilogy.  One of my all-time favorite series!
 
 
8. What book/s are you reading at present?
 
I’m currently half-way through Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series.  I’m addicted!
 
 
9. What is your favourite quote?
 
“When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness.  They wanted her to change back into what she had always been.  But she had wings.” – Dean Jackson
 
 
10. What's next for you? What are you working on now?
 
I’m currently working on a sister novel to The Doyle Hawthorne Series that follows Jenny Hawthorne’s story.  Readers will get to know about her origins and be introduced to a new species of monsters.
 
 
 
Thank you so much Ember for your time and interview!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me as a spotlight, Katiria! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome hun and thank you for your time and interview! :D

      Delete