Review: Alexa Crushed (Alexa #1) by T.R. Cupak

Friday, September 25, 2015


Alexa Crushed

Series: Alexa #1

Author: T.R. Cupak

Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary

Published Date: May 19th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 11th 2015)            

Format- e-book

Source:  I received it by the author

Rating: 4/5





Synopsis

Alexa Morgan lost her mother when she was two. At eighteen, her father and stepmother died when a devastating earthquake hit the Bay Area. Only one person has remained a constant in her life: Devin. 

Devin has been Alexa’s best friend since childhood. The two are inseparable—or they were until Devin declared his love for her at sixteen. When Alexa can offer him only friendship in return, Devin retreats, brokenhearted. 

Alexa, on the other hand, longs for Ethan, the boy next door. Four years older than her, and with an ever-changing roster of girlfriends, Ethan is everything Devin isn’t: wild, sensual, and unpredictable. 

In the aftermath of the deadly earthquake, Ethan makes his move on Alexa, who reciprocates in a confused whirl of grief and desire. When Ethan leaves town the next day, Devin comes back into Alexa’s life, offering support and expecting nothing in return.

Alexa begins to see the advantages of Devin’s quiet, stable love. Can she get past the friendship hang-up while trying to forget bad boy Ethan? It’s a choice that will change her life forever.





My Thoughts

I received this book by the author in exchanged for an honest review. Thank you to T.R. Cupak

Ok ok I will tell you the truth I had a few issues with this book. Mainly I had a problem with the main character Alexa. At the start I really didn't feel connected with her at all, but gradually when I read more and more about her. I started too really liking her. But there where some things I didn't like what she did. I totally understand why she did them but too me it's inexcusable for her action. Don't get me wrong Alexa is a very beautiful, smart, and has a gold heart. But it really did bother me the decision and the actions she was making in her life, after a tragic event that has happen in her life. I know she is young and naïve but she is way to smart to act like they way she was acting. Now there is a love triangle in Alexa Crushed which I don't mind at all. I actually love both Devin and Ethan. And I am probably in the less majority that I absolutely love, love triangles. But after I read the ending of Alexa Crushed I have a very bad feeling about this specific love triangle. I feel that the love triangle is going to end really bad for Alexa. And I just feel really bad for her because she has so many mix and confuse feelings between the two guys. That she really don't know what to do about her love life. Oh boy I know Alexa is going to go through a huge emotional ride in the next book Alexa Loved which I can't wait to read. Now I really did love and enjoy Alexa Crushed that I can't wait to read Alexa Loved Soon. Until Next Time My Friends!
 





Purchase Link





About The Author

T. R. Cupak was born and raised in the California Bay Area. She now lives in a quiet town south of where she grew up with her husband and their shih tzu Harley. She is obsessed with cars, especially fast ones, and enjoys her music louder than anyone should. When she's not at work or busy writing, you can find her curled up, reading and enjoying a fabulous glass of wine or a Dirty Shirley.

Despite her lifelong love of literature, Cupak lost touch with her creative side in her early twenties. Her passion for reading was rekindled six years ago, however, and in 2013 she started journaling. This practice helped Cupak hone her creative aspirations, and soon she saw her characters come to life. She has rediscovered her passion for storytelling and wants to share her words with everyone who wants to read them.


 

2 comments:

  1. Good review. Glad you liked it for the most part. I must admit from the blurb, I was like "what the hell" because she hooked up with the guy next door only to be left the next day, and she didn't start to see the great qualities in Devin until she was abandoned by Ethan. I think I would have some issues with her character as well, but good thing you grew to accept her and the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I felt I just wanted to bash her in the head for not giving Devin a chance! Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete