Review: Of High Treason (The Doyle Hawthorne Series #2) by Ember Shane

Saturday, August 1, 2015


Of High Treason

The Doyle Hawthorne Series #2

Author: Ember Shane

Genre: NA, Paranormal Romance & Science Fiction

Published Date: July 12, 2014 by Createspace

Format: Paperback

Source: I received it by the author

Rating: 4/5



Synopsis

When Doyle Hawthorne first discovered the truth behind his royal lineage, he couldn't have imagined a worse fate. In fact, rubbing elbows with royalty, a government-created race of super zombies, could've been found at the top of his Not To Do list. Unfortunately, no one asked for his opinion before his induction into the royal court. 

Now Doyle must come to terms with how his royal status endangers Addy, his pheromone-bonded mate. He realizes he needs more instruction in self-control than his current teacher can provide. Forced to seek out William, the long-standing alpha of the colony he'd helped free, he begs for assistance. This is no easy task as both William and Doyle possess a strong predisposition to lead. But if Doyle can survive the education, it could prove invaluable. 

Of High Treason in the follow-up novel to Of Royal Descent and continues to follow Doyle Hawthorne and friends as they navigate their way through the volatile atmosphere of royal subculture. 

Intended for audiences 18+ due to language and sexual content.




My Thoughts

I received this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to Ember Shane. 


Ohh my ohh my I really miss this series so much. That I can't believe that it took me so much time to pick this book up to read. I just love this world and the sexy zombies that Ember Shane writes. And when she said it was a little bit raunchier than the first book. She was not kidding but that doesn't really bother me because I absolutely love books like that. Of High Treason starts off exactly were the first book left off. And I was super surprised that I remember everything in the first book after I read a few pages in this book. I really love the characters in this world especially the bromance between Doyle and his best friend Chuck. These two guys are a hoot togather and I absolutely love the banter they have with each other. Which we see a lot in this awesome book. Now there is a few characters that get on my nerves and annoyed me so much like Addy and Kai. I know both of these girls has major issues in there life's and have a lot of insecurity on themselves. But still they can't listen too reason and don't have some common sense to act they way these girls were acting. Especially Addy I just wish I could reach my hands in the book and shake her senseless until she comes to her common sense. Thank god at the middle of the book Kai come to her senses and realized the truth about her situation. I still say that Addy still needs to come to her senses some what. But I started to really like her around the end of the book. OMGosh right in the middle of this book starts getting really really good that I don't want too go into to much details about it without spoiling it for anybody. But let's just say that Doyle gets real close to his father, grandfather and the pack of Royals. When he needed some major help to control his shading. But something really big happens when he is staying with the pack of Royals that effects them until the very end of this book. Which of course leaves off on a big cliffhanger that I just want to get the next book like right now. I really loved and enjoy Of High Treason that I can't wait to read the third book when it comes out which I hope soon. Until Next Time My Friends. 








Purchase Link





About The Author

Ember Shane is the author of the new adult, paranormal romances included in The Doyle Hawthorne Series. She's currently working on her fourth book, title pending, which follows Jenny Hawthorne's story, tentatively scheduled to be released autumn 2016. 

When she's not writing about things that go bump in the night, Ember can be found practicing her hot glue gun skills or searching for the holy grail of banana pudding recipes.

You can find her on the following social media sites:

Facebook Author Page

Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment