Book Beginnings On Friday #14 & The Friday 56 #17 - Red Nights by Shari J. Ryan

Friday, June 19, 2015











Books Beginnings On Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. The Rules are Simple!

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.



The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice  . If you like to join in every Friday the rules are simple.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that simple









Red Nights

By Shari J. Ryan






Book Beginnings On Friday: 

"Why am I so warm? And what is that smell? I force my eyes open, but I'm having a hard time focusing. Everything is hazy. Is that smoke? Oh My God. I struggle to pull the tangled sheets off as I climbed to the floor. Shit. What the hell is going on? I yank it open, a rush of smoke consumes me. It's one side of the hall, leaving me hardly any room to get by". ( Chapter 1 )



The Friday 56:

"I've lived in Rhode Island my entire life. I've heard of the Water Fires a thousand times, but I've never seen it in person".

"Fire, They're starting a fire".

"The Flames look the same. The smoke it's strangling me. I clamp my hands around my neck, my eyes wide and set on the growing flames"

"Am I breathing? My lungs hurt...

"Blake!"

( pg 56 )



What Is Your Book Beginnings & 56 For This Week?

17 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I hope you're enjoying it and have a good weekend.
    Here's my 56: http://www.sharonsbooknook.com/2015/06/19/feature-friday-undertow/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a really great read thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this sounds like a good one. :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great book. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  3. Ok. I want to know what this is about right now. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure about this one. I'd probably need to know more, but I'm curious about the fire. Was it set to get her?

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/19/the-friday-56-66-mayhem-in-margaux/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't want to say because I don't want to spoil it for anybody but that is half the reason the fire was set. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds good. I hope you are enjoying it. This week I am spotlighting First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones. It's been on TBR mountain for a while. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did love and enjoyed this book it really surprised me that I did. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  6. Well, I do agree that Fire Water in Providence is amazingly beautiful! From just the first two sentences I wondered if she had wet the bed!
    Hope you can stop by. http://evilverlordthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The opening grabbed me. This sounds like a book I'd enjoy.
    My Friday post features What I Remember Most.
    [FYI: Maybe it's just my monitor, but the text on your blog is difficult to read. The letters are fuzzy and jammed together. You might want to view your post on a different computer to see how it may look to others.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a computer or laptop so I don't know how It would look on it but I only have my IPad and Kindle Fire and it looks fine on my iPad and Kindle Fire but I will enlarge the text because it is small on here and add a dull color blue font. Thank you for stopping by my blog and letting me now about the text size on my page! :)

      Delete
  8. Fascinating fire snippets.
    Have to be honest, it was hard for me to read with the font and colors you chose. Sorry I had to mention it.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by my blog. I will use a dull color of blue and enlarge the text next time because it is small on here but sorry I will not stop using the color blue my favorite color is blue and I really love how it looks on my page. Have a great weekend Freda! :)

      Delete
  9. Uh oh ... a fire? I initially thought incense ...

    ReplyDelete