Book Beginnings On Friday # 12 & The Friday 56 # 15 - The Darkest Part (Living Heartwood #1) by Trisha Wolfe

Friday, June 5, 2015













Books Beginnings On Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. The Rules are Simple!

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.



The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice  . If you like to join in every Friday the rules are simple.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that simple









The Darkest Part ( Living Heartwood # 1 )

By Trisha Wolfe





Book Beginnings On Friday:

"There's a universal truth. One that I never questioned. One that," when planning out the rest of my life, I felt confident was solid. This truth was my rock, my constant. And all the other bullshit didn't matter." 
( Chapter 1 )



The Friday 56:

"Please, go away. Now. "I'm fine." My voice is small, shaky. And not convincing in the least. But I just need him to give me five minutes to pull myself together. If he keeps looking at me like that, my legs are going to buckle. And if he touches me ... ( 56% )



What Is Your Book Beginnings & 56 For This Week?

12 comments:

  1. Not a Trisha Wolfe book I'm familiar with, thanks for sharing.
    Please take a peek at mine http://www.thereadinghead.com/friday-56-meets-book-beginnings-4/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with the author but the snippets are intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

    Check out my 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog!:)

      Delete
  3. I really want to know her "truth". It pulls me in.

    here's my Friday quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it pulls to me too thank you for stopping by my blog!:)

      Delete
  4. Universal truths always get me, wondering what big idea I'll come away with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it gets me wondering too thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful writing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great and wonderful weekend Freda! :)

      Delete
  6. I like the opening and the quote. Both leave me wanting to know more:)

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/05/the-friday-56-64-hexed/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard nothing but great reviews about this author plus she really is a nice and kind person. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete