Book Beginnings On Friday # 7 & The Friday 56 # 10 - The Enchanted Rose by Nadia Nader

Friday, May 1, 2015











Books Beginnings On Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. The Rules are Simple!

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.



The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice  . If you like to join in every Friday the rules are simple.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that simple









The Enchanted Rose

By Nadia Nader





Book Beginnings On Friday:

" Exactly a month before, my mother had died. And now I was on a bus, being sent to live with strangers. Ever since my father had told me he was sending me away, a numb feeling had settled into me. " ( Chapter 1 )




The Friday 56

" Should I have been friendly with her? " I wrinkled my nose in distaste. My encounter with her may have been brief, but I had a gut feeling when it came to people, and my gut had not liked Allison one bit. " ( Pg 56 )






What is you Book Beginnings & 56 for this week?


12 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting - I'm wondering what happened in that 56. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Check out my 56 with Book Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I'm curious about the age of the character and why her father is sending her away. I hope Allison isn't the person she's being sent to!
    My Friday post features MIDDLE-AGED CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can the remaining parent send his child away. So sad.

    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is off to a great start! I am going to look this up on amazon. I already feel bad for the character. Great choice. I hope you're enjoying this (new follower; I love indie books too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also curious about these characters, but I'm not too sure it's one for me. I have a problem with trusting YA books not to let me down and I can't seem to get over that hurdle with most of them! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the title and the cover, but it sounds so sad. Poor child.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quote makes me wonder what happened leading up to that scene, excellent 56, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the 56. The person sounds perceptive.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great weekend as well! :)

      Delete
  9. Sometimes it's best to go with your instincts:) This sounds interesting and I've yet to read this author.
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/05/01/the-friday-56-60-dying-for-the-past-by-tj-oconnor/

    ReplyDelete