Book Beginnings On Friday # 10 & The Friday 56 # 13 - Lancaster House by Taylor Dean

Friday, May 22, 2015












Books Beginnings On Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. The Rules are Simple!

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.



The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice  . If you like to join in every Friday the rules are simple.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that simple












Lancaster House

By Taylor Dean








Books Beginnings On Friday:

"Doctor Wade Channing slowly entered his office where the young lady already waited. The orderly who'd accompanied her slipped out quietly and unobtrusively. He paused for a second, once again unprepared for his new patient's beauty. Without fail, she had this effect upon him". 
( Chapter 1 )




The Friday 56:

" The Idea of something sinister or evil in her house was beyond her comprehension. It was ludicrous and she refused to even consider it. Ghosts didn't spend their time wallpapering - they shook chains and said, " boo". ( Pg 56 )






What Is Your Book Beginnings & 56 For This Week?


14 comments:

  1. I love the pg. 56 quote. It intrigues me ironically more than the first line does. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 56 quote, too. It grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the quote is really an attention grabber but the book was really great as well. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  3. Maybe it's just me, but I find the BB a little freaky. I mean, maybe it's meant to be sweet, but it just strikes me as stalkers :-/
    Happy reading,
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I understand what you mean about bb I don't want to spoil it for anybody but the dr really is harmless in the book. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with Amy about the beginning, it could go either way. He could just be remarking on her beauty, or could be a little in awe or love. Add in the potential of ghosts and it seems like a pretty interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a really an intresting and intriguin book that I really loved and enjoyed! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. Pl 56 really makes the book sound good, great choice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and it is a really good book! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm seriously intrigued by the 56 and wondering how it connects to the beginning. I'll have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to spoil it for you but the 56 does really connect with the Beginning! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  7. Kinda funny 56, definitely drew me in.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great weekend as well! :)

      Delete