Books Beginnings On Friday ( # 5 ) & The Friday 56 ( # 8 ) - Fight For Her by Amanda Kay

Friday, April 17, 2015











Books Beginnings On Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. The Rules are Simple!

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.



The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice  . If you like to join in every Friday the rules are simple.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that simple






Fight For Her

By Amanda Kay






Books Beginnings On Friday:

" He climbed out of the truck after he put it in park. As she watched him get out, something inside her snapped. She felt butterflies, unlike anything she had ever felt before. This guy, this cowboy, whoever he was ... he was ... he was ... perfect. " ( Chapter 1 )




The Friday 56:

" A few hours later, feeling refreshed, he pulled up to the hospital to see his father. He stood outside leaning against his truck. He hadn't been here since the accident and he was terrified. " ( 56 % ) 




What is your Book Beginnings & 56 for this week?



6 comments:

  1. Hmm, a little too classic romance for me, that first line. Though I would still be willing to give a few more paragraph's a chance before giving up.

    My book beginning post is over here if you're interested: http://www.bookpunks.com/so-it-begins-california-by-edan-lepucki/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I wish I saw someone where I was so clearly sure they were perfect xD I might be too pessimistic a person for that! But I could imagine he'd be terrified to walk into the hospital if his father is lying there. It's always scary to see someone you love in pain! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two totally different vibes from those snippets. Sounds better than I expected from the cover, wasn't really diggin' that on first glance.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand Freda I haven't read this book yet but I have read another book by the same author and I quite enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a great weekend as well! :)

      Delete
  4. From exhilarating to scared, such different examples. And a lovely cover too:)
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/17/the-friday-56-58-terror-never-sleeps-by-richard-blomberg/

    ReplyDelete