Books Beginnings On Friday ( # 4 ) & The Friday 56 ( # 7 ) - Charming by Krystal Wade

Friday, April 10, 2015











Books Beginnings On Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. The Rules are Simple!

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.



The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice  . If you like to join in every Friday the rules are simple.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that simple



Charming

By Krystal Wade




Books Beginnings On Friday:

" Thirty-two steps until Haley Tremaine entered hell. Thirty-two steps until she walked into the smell of alcohol and burned microwaveable meals, into a place where fear over whelmed. Fear of whether Dad would go on a rampage and hit her, or maybe even her little sister Jocelyn, the girl Haley protected at the expense of her sanity, her safety. Even if that sister didn't appreciate it, or have a clue. " ( Chapter 1 )


The Friday 56:

" Chris Held Haley's Hand "

" Chris talked to Haley like a human being, treated her like a human being wanted to been seen with a girl who fell from grace, and actually seemed relieved by her presence. Maybe he wasn't as bad as she thought. " ( 57% )



What is your Book Beginnings & 56 for this week?




12 comments:

  1. Just the cover art kind of freaks me out! I think there's a reason I read "cozy" mysteries and books written for middle grade kids ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I totally understand but this one I will say was one of my favorites! :) thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. That's a chilling cover and calls to me. LOL I can only hope she has a happy ending.
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/10/the-friday-56-57-warpath-by-richard-blomberg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ohh it's a really really great book and she does have a happy ending at the end thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the cover. Although child abuse is something I don't like to read about, it is good that she tries to protect her sister. It sounds like a very intense read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand this book had me teary eyed every time something went bad or went wrong for Haley and it is intense but it is a really great book. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  4. I loved this book! Great choice of quotes!

    Check out my Friday 56/Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too it's one of my favorites as well. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is a really heavy subject and it is actually the first book I read about abuse not going to lie I got teary eye every time her dad hit her but it is a really great book. Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  6. I like it. Sounds like it has the creep-factor I look for.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes lots of creep factors in it and I love it even more lol have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete