Book Beginnings On Friday ( # 1 ) & The Friday 56 ( # 4 ) - Torn by David Massey

Friday, March 20, 2015

Book Beginnings On Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. The rules are simple.

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.







The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice  . If you like to join in every Friday the rules are simple.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that simple








Torn By David Massey


Book Beginnings On Friday: 

" Private Elinor Nielson, recently qualified medic, first tour of active duty.  That's what I keep telling myself-over and over like a demented idiot-to calm my nerves. I'm just a normal nineteen-year-old English girl ... Of the kick-ass, life-saving variety-that is. What a laugh. I'm like the love child of House and Lara Croft." ( pg 1 )



The Friday 56 :

" The guy doesn't even register her presence, just speaks again to Hammed. The rifle swings lightly in his grip. It looks like things could turn nasty. Suddenly my hands feel way slippery. I wipe my trigger hand dry and test my hold. " ( pg 57 )





What are your book beginnings and 56?





13 comments:

  1. 'the love child of House and Lara Croft' is one hell of a description! Tbh, that sounds like something I'd aspire to be! I'm not quite sure whether this is one for me though, I'd have to read a bit more! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday Post 
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting book and timely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The character in the Friday56 excerpt sounds like a tough dude. Great description. I like the "love child" description in the opening too. Sounds good.
    My Friday post features THE SNOW CHILD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting excerpts! The beginning is interesting and I love the description as the love child of House and Lara Croft! The 56 doesn't sound like she's in a good situation at all. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, he might shoot anything. His hands are sweating. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete
  6. I like the excerpts, especially that beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL @ the beginning... what imagery!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know right thank you for stopping by my blog and have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. Love the cover. Great beginning.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete