Book Beginnings On Friday ( # 2 ) & The Friday 56 ( # 5 ) - True Calling ( True Calling # 1 ) by Siobhan Davis

Friday, March 27, 2015

Books Beginnings On Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. The Rules are Simple!

Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice  . If you like to join in every Friday the rules are simple.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that simple









True Calling ( True Calling # 1 )
By Siobhan Davis



Book Beginnings On Friday

" I wake with a start; I can feel the blood pumping ferociously through my veins and hear ringing in my ears. My heart is pounding so loudly that I'm sure it will wake Mom, Dad, Lily and Deacon. Taking deep breaths, I slowly inhale and exhale, in an attempt to calm my beating heart. " ( Chapter 1 )


The Friday 56

" Zolt expression is outwardly pleasent so no one watching us would notice anything untoward, but there's no mistaking the sinister tone in his voice, and I'm left in no doubt of his meaning. My body reacts in instant panic, and a cold sweat forms on my skin. " ( pg 56 )


What is your Book Beginnings and 56 ?

6 comments:

  1. Lots of drama in your excerpts.
    My Friday post features GRACIANNA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suspenseful!
    My F56: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-friday-56-dead-of-winter.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope his voice is not the only thing sinister... lol... I like sinister stories too! :-D
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wastes no time getting intense. I'm wanting more:)
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/27/the-friday-56-55-retaliation-by-imogen-rose/

    ReplyDelete