Review: Perfectly Damaged by E.L. Montes

Tuesday, February 10, 2015


Synopsis

Schizoaffective disorder: a mental illness in which a person experiences a combination of mood disorder and schizophrenia symptoms.

I know about this illness—very well—because I suffer from it. It’s been four years since my diagnosis, and ever since, I’ve been living in a dark hole. Voices constantly invading my thoughts. Hallucinations. All of which force me to question if what I’m experiencing is even reality.


But here I am, still hanging on, still breathing and living through it.

That is, until he stumbled into my life. Logan Reed. I don’t want any part of him. I’ve pushed him away, but he isn’t easily deterred. I’ve told him I’m different, but he doesn’t care. He’s trying to slowly break me down. I’m trying just as hard not to let him. He doesn’t know how truly damaged I am; what will happen when he does?

I know the truth—he’ll never be able to look at me the same way again. Just like everybody else




Perfectly Damaged


Stand Alone


Author: E. L. Montes


Genre: New Adult, Romance


Published: May 9, 2014


Format: e-book


Rating: 5/5




My Thoughts

Perfectly Damaged is am amazing beautiful book about a touchy subject but a subject that is very dear and personal for me. It is about a girl name Jenna who suffers from a Mental Illness called schizoaffective disorder she goes through a lot of emotions and ups and down in her life with her Mental Illness. She does not have friends the only friend she has is her best friend Charley who used to be her oldest sister Brooke best friend but since her sister passed away Charley stay friends with Jenna she is a very loyal and sassy friend who is not afraid to tell the blunt truth to you out front but she is also very kind and understanding to Jenna who just want to help her out with her life through her mental illness and she is truly an amazing friend for that. Jenna feels lost and lonely most of all lonely because her parents are not always there to help and support her when she needs it the most. Her dad is a CEO of his own company and is always busy at work that he is not always at his home don't get me wrong he is an amazing father and supports Jenna but he is not always there for her when she needs him to be and lets not forget to talk about her mother Lara who I think is a very cold hearted witch of a woman who is humiliated that Jenna has a mental illness I think she does not care and not even love her daughter Jenna at all I now she is going through a lot because of her oldest daughter Brooke passing but she should not have talked and treated Jenna so horribly like that I just wanted to smack her in the face so much for doing that to poor Jenna. So Jenna builds a wall around her heart and don't get close to a lot of people so she would not feel and get hurt by anybody else in her life but that's until she meets Logan I don't want to say to much about her relationship with Logan because I don't want to spoil it to anybody but she goes through a beautiful heartache journey with Logan that at the end of the book she felt well loved arnd accepted of her life.

Perfectly Damaged was an amazing beautiful book to me because I can relate to Jenna because I also suffer from the same mental illness that Jenna has. I have schizoaffective disorder for almost 12 years now and I tell you Mrs E.L. Montes nailed it on the head how she described about Jenna mental illness it brought back some scary memories for me and I thought the same why like Jenna did I felt that I never would be normal again wow what a scary memory that was for me but thank god I had an amazing,understanding and very supportive family and friends who stay and help me through my mental illness until I got up on my feet and felt normal again, but that's why I really loved and enjoyed Perfectly Damaged so much for me I highly recommend to all my family and friends to read this Fantastic Amazing book! Well Until Next Time My Friends!

















About Author E.L. Montes

USA Today Bestselling Author, E.L. Montes lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with her husband, Alex, and their English Bulldog name Butters! She has a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies.

Ms. Montes, works full-time as a paralegal for a mid-size law firm. She had always loved the legal field and found it to be very interesting. She more so "secretly" loved to write. Disastrous was her debut novel which was released October 2012.

FOLLOW MS. MONTES BELOW:

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/E.L.MontesAu...

TWITTER: @EmmyMontes

WEBSTIE:  WWW.BOOKSBYELMONTES.COM





No comments:

Post a Comment